This is recommended if the firmware version you last updated to has broken something and is a valuable tool for crushing bugs.
1. Download the latest version of the Collective Minds Firmware Update Tool and run.
2. Connect the short 12" micro-USB cable from Zen's rear CONSOLE USB port to your Windows PC (or a Mac running Windows). Most onboard USB ports, found at the rear of a PC, carry more power (mA) than the USB headers on the front, so we highly recommend that you connect your Zen directly to onboard USB ports, especially if you are using Mouse & Keyboard (not applicable to Laptops/Notebooks).
3. Press and hold the reset button on the bottom of the Zen.
4. The Zen OLED Message Screen will display 'Zen Bootloader', and the RGB LEDs will glow.
5. The Collective Minds Update tool will now display your Zen's info.
6. Click Continue then slide the "User the Latest Version Available" toggle to the left to view all the available firmware versions. Select the firmware you wish to downgrade to, click Continue then Click Begin Update to begin programming.
7. Access should be restored to your Cronus Zen. You can now update the firmware and perform a factory reset (Zen Studio 👉 Device 👉 Factory Reset).
🔎 Find more detailed information about updating the Cronus Zen firmware 👉 here: